The mediæval church was rebuilt in 1725-28 to a design by James Gould. Gould’s son-in-law George Dance the Elder took part in the building of it. The church was restored after war damage by Cachemaille-Day in 1947-48 and again after terrorist bomb damage in 1992 and 1993 by Stephenson. It is now in fine condition. Next to it in its extensive churchyard is a free-standing parish hall, originally built in 1861 as an infants school and used between 1952 and 1994 as the Livery Hall of the Fanmakers Company.
The church is open every weekday from 7.30am to 5.30pm and regularly participates in London Open House weekends.
Nearest station: Liverpool St.